Examples of Prior Sponsorships
We are ever mindful that our sponsorships must be aligned with the University's mission and goals and with those of our units; be generally relevant across the University; enhance the quality of life in the local community; and increase awareness about Ohio State and its units and benefit their reputation.
A majority of sponsorship support will be directed to events that support the University's core goals of teaching and learning; research and innovation; and outreach and engagement.
Here are the primary areas that Ohio State table sponsorships have supported in the past.
- King Arts Complex anniversary gala, which supports the work of the complex to preserve, celebrate and teach the cultural and historic heritage of African Americans.
- Columbus Symphony Orchestra gala, which supports the symphony's performances and programming.
- Menu of Hope luncheon, which supports the Children's Hunger Alliance's mission to ensure that all children are fed regular and nutritious meals and develop lifelong healthy eating habits.
- Nationwide Children's Legends luncheon, which advances pediatric healthcare at Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Annual meeting of Experience Columbus, whose mission is to promote the city of Columbus.
- Democracy in Action Award ceremony of the League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Columbus, which works to foster active citizen participation in our democracy
- Annual award ceremony of Allies for Equality in Columbus, which advocates and educates to achieve fair treatment and equal opportunity for all Ohioans, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression
- Mayor's Luncheon Benefiting UNCF honoring those who have invested in minority and under-represented students in Columbus
- Ignite Heart Ball, which supports the American Heart Association and promotes awareness around community wellness
- Dinner of Champions, which supports the efforts of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- YWCA Women of Achievement Luncheon, which honors women who have made extraordinary contributions to their community, workplaces, and families
- Women's Fund of Central Ohio Keyholder Event, which celebrates the potential of women and girls