2019-20 Priorities for the Office of Outreach and Engagement
As a land-grant university, Ohio State is dedicated to solving societal challenges through community-engaged partnerships with the people and institutions of Ohio, the nation and the world. These partnerships foster greater integration of university and community resources, leading to enhanced efficiency and impact.
Following are current focus areas for the Office of Outreach and Engagement. We will engage representative stakeholder groups and use these focus areas to broadly guide the work of the team as we collaborate with and support the work of colleges, units, departments, centers and institutes across the campuses that are engaging with individuals and communities addressing society's most critical issues.
- Create and/or support initiatives that bring together faculty and staff to connect on program collaborations and community opportunities.
- Partner with colleges and units in support of educational opportunities for faculty and staff to enhance and strengthen outreach and engagement programs focusing on program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Increase awareness of Ohio State's successful and impactful engagement programs and individual faculty and staff, utilizing existing channels and through collaborative efforts internally and externally.
- Develop and implement formal, informal, individual and/or team recognition programs and initiatives that highlight successful and impactful community engagement.
- Deploy grant funds to strengthen and advance the scholarship of engagement, support innovative partnership development, and/or document impacts.