The Ohio State University Event Sponsorships Committee
Return to Sponsorships Home
- Provide a consolidated perspective on community event sponsorships;
- Promote diverse perspectives while framing sponsorships through broader university lens;
- Promote transparency, foster collaboration and coordination, and permit strategic decision-making about participation in sponsorships
- Ensure the university is an engaged and effective community partner
- Conveners: Advancement, Office of Outreach and Engagement (O&E), Office of the President (OTP), and the Wexner Medical Center
- Sponsorships Committee: the Offices of Academic Affairs; Advancement; Business and Finance; Diversity and Inclusion; the President (OTP); and Student Life; the Colleges of Arts and Sciences; Engineering; Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences; and Athletics; the Wexner Center for the Arts and the Wexner Medical Center
Roles and Functions
- Sponsorships Committee: Review requests for events of more than $10,000 and provide recommendations and feedback/advice to the Conveners about such requests.
- Conveners: Review Committee recommendations and feedback on requests of more than $10,000; assist in identifying participants whose presence will add value to sponsorship events where investment equals or exceeds $20,000; and prepare feedback and recommendations for President's Cabinet review/approval as required.