The engagement mission/vision statement aligns with the
vision, mission, values and goals of The Ohio State University.
The Ohio State University will be a recognized community-engaged institution by solving societal challenges through its meaningful partnerships with the people and institutions of Ohio, the nation, and the world.
As an engaged university, we are dedicated to:
- Integrating meaningful partnerships as a framework for engagement to foster a university-wide culture of collaboration and engaged scholarship;
- Fostering a climate of trust, respect, transparency and inclusivity to deepen meaningful partnerships among the university and its communities;
- Providing an environment that encourages students, faculty and staff to examine diverse issues with community partners;
- Recognizing engaged scholarship in the promotion and tenure process, and in faculty and staff annual reviews, to enhance the institution’s academic excellence;
- Providing students with community-engaged experiences to prepare them to be engaged citizens and leaders – both as students and as alumni.